Document Control Software That is Easy To Use
Document Management Software
TLM Document Control software leverages the effort spent on your company’s documentation and elevates it beyond just quality and compliance into a Total Lean Management system.
Managers, process owners, or upstream QMS users can now save time, prevent errors, reduce risk and control variation by using TLM Document Control software to streamline the creation and delivery of critical documents to the downstream consumers of this important information.
Accessible via the desktop or web app access from either on-site or cloud hosted installations, TLM Document Control Software delivers the features needed at your company to manage what is arguably the nervous system and life blood of your organization, the documents that represent your company’s knowledge base.
TLM Document Control software automates, streamlines, and organizes the document control workflow so that employee efforts to capture critical work flows, policies, and procedures is as easy as possible thus securing all the benefits and regulatory requirements of a world class document control system, such as:
- Both TLM and Companion Web App access.
- Keeps critical documents centralized and standardized.
- Streamline regulatory compliance requirements.
- Easy, yet controlled access to company policies, procedures, forms and documents of any type.
- Reduces costs and error rates by automating key workflows.
TLM Empowers Improvement through Participation.
Securing the best way to do things in your company into your document control system is not only necessary to meet the requirements of any quality based standard or regulation, it is also one of the primary continuous improvement tools that prevents variation, and guards against tribal knowledge decay from employee turn over.
- Use TLM or the TLM Companion Web app for easy document processing.
- Can be linked to 21 other TLM modules for true Fusion Technology integration.
- Connects Employees to Job Titles and required training for automated document training assignments.
- Automated reviewer assignment options by groups or departments ensures adequate reviews.
- Customizable checklists based on document types to account for the impact of document changes on various areas of the company.
- Make multiple attachments for supporting details.
- Custom fields allow you to use meaningful terms or add customized data entry instructions.
- Integrates with TLM Change Management Software.
- Make bulk document related reassignments when people or assignments change.
- Automate document training assignments based on Job Title or Department assignments.
- Release multiple document packages under a parent document as part of ECRs.
- Automatic notification emails of document tasks from the TLM Dashboard.
- All Document related tasks roll up to the user specific TLM Dashboard which links the user to each task.
- Create your own document templates to ensure consistent formatting for new documents.
- Works with your existing document types (Word, Excel, .pdfs, etc).
- Import features accelerate implementation of your existing documents.
- Keeps your existing numbering and revision policies in tact.
- Custom Development can enforce numbering policies automatically in the next update!
- Web App can eliminate the need to print documents, but TLM can help you track them if printing is still necessary.
- Use Electronic Signatures that comply with 21 CFR part 11 for single or multiple approvals.
- Optional review stage that allows reviewers to propose edits before final approval.
- Allows customized approval routing in any combination of series or parallel review order.
- Both document and dashboard summary emails ensure prompt attention to approval assignments.
- Companion web app provides browser read only document viewing without downloading copies.
- Unlimited licensing on the web app ensures everyone can access company documents.
- Companion web app provides browser read only document viewing without downloading copies.
- Supports linking to external resources to include in the regular review schedule of documents of external origin.
It also serves to create the foundation of your company’s digital landscape which saves you as much as possible from purchasing disconnected stand alone software, and provides the technical support for integrating other information systems when necessary.
All TLM software modules are rolled up to a user specific dashboard and summaries of each user's dashboard can be automatically emailed to ensure QMS activities are scheduled and prioritized accordingly.
In addition, the TLM dashboard helps users navigate to where tasks are performed, making it easy for new users to adopt the software without having to pay for extra training before being able to put TLM software to work for your company.
If everyone at your company performed tasks however they wanted, the risk of those tasks being incomplete, or causing errors in related processes is very high. Granted you will get some things done, and it might feel faster, but you will also be putting out a lot of fires from all the mistakes being made, and in the long run, progress is much slower, and when your best employees leave the company, the best process knowledge walks out the door with them.
Document Control and building company processes are a lot like racing motorcycles, “slow is smooth, and smooth is fast,” or if you prefer a more classic analogy, “slow and steady wins the race.” The idea being that slowing down a little and getting procedures documented forces a lot of good things to happen that ultimately let’s the organization accomplish more faster, as much less time is spent dealing with the chaos created when there is no effort to proceduralize.
The hallmark of good leadership at any company is the ability to ensure the company has solid processes in place at all levels of the organization. It takes time and teamwork to establish these policies, procedures, and work instructions and in order to organize, manage and control the process of creating and approving these documents, you must have a Total Lean Management system like TLM to ensure only the latest revision of each document is accessible to those who need to follow them, and the precious time and effort invested in optimizing these processes is always captured and safely stored in your TLM database and is easy to work with.
Whether that database is on-site or hosted in the cloud, the TLM Companion Web App ensures that every employee at your company has access to the documents they are responsible to know, and records can be kept in terms of which employees have read and understands how to follow these procedures.
The reason every company needs a solid document control system is based on the following principles:
Risk - The risk to customer satisfaction and not complying with ISO standards and FDA regulations is minimized if employees have a reference of how to do things the right way.
Continuous Improvement - If everyone is performing tasks in different ways, how can you be sure of what needs to be changed that addresses opportunities for continuous improvement? Establishing uniformity gives the change agents at your company a better chance at making effective incremental changes to optimize processes and eliminate waste from your procedures.
Retaining Tribal Knowledge - Don’t let the hard earned discoveries of how to do things better and faster walk out the door when you have employee turnover! A Total Lean Management QMS software system like TLM allows this knowledge to be captured, and passed on to the next employee in any job description.
Your management team can create impressive organizational growth by harnessing this basic element of the human experience and the TLM Document Control Software is one of the key tools for their success in this effort.
By organizing key aspects of how work is done, managers can use the TLM Document Control Software to empower employees to participate in finding opportunities for improvement and customer satisfaction while maintaining approval control to ensure additional risks aren’t introduced.
TLM Document Control Software ensures these efforts are well organized, linked to all other aspects of the QMS software that might be related, and assigned to ensure employees who rise to the occasion can be recognized accordingly.
There is Only One Type of Quality Management System
Over the last 20 years TLM has discovered a very basic truth when it comes to information management systems such as your eQMS, no two companies have the exact same needs.
In fact, the two biggest risks in the software selection process is either selecting software that is not flexible enough to manage information that is unique, and important to your workflow, thus forcing work arounds, or other concessions that effectively add waste to your business.
The other mistake is getting stuck with comprehensive, but inflexible systems due to their web based cloud hosting design, which forces a one size fits all approach to meeting customer needs.
And while one size might fit some, it might not fit all your needs when in the long run your understanding of those needs evolves and improves.
Total Lean Management Software, by definition, recognizes this fact, and addresses it through a dual technology, upstream / downstream user landscape approach to meeting the needs of both your upstream and downstream user types. This is combined with our tiered approach to addressing newly discovered customer needs, making sure the software works in alignment with your business systems the day after your purchase, and for all the years ahead.
These measures include:
Allows you to adapt the software to your company’s terminology.
Allows you to choose which features are applied to your process.
Incorporating employee feedback into the continuous improvement cycle creates a synergistic effect on moral, engagement, and productivity.
This capability provides insurance that your system will never leave you stuck after discovering unknown needs after implementation.
By implementing and combining modules in way that might be unique to your business or work flows.
Evolution is a team effort, and the whole team behind TLM enjoys helping companies comply with regulations, manage risk, continuously improve, and maintain a steady growth rate.
This unique TLM feature allows you to link individual screens in TLM to your own controlled procedures or work instructions for that area of the software (if needed).
Why TLM is your Best QMS Software Choice
Let's Build Your Solution
Our QMS Software is backed by a 100% success rate for ISO Certification On The First Try!
If you have any questions or want more detailed information, do not hesitate to call us.
Schedule a Live Demo
Watch a Recorded Demo
Download Free Trail
Watch Awesome Testimonials
TLM Customers are always our top priority -David Smithstein, CEO
Our Trusted Partners
Evolution is a Team Sport